Thursday, September 25, 2014

Best Places to Purchase "Nerd' Gear



I love math. I think it is one of the neatest things. I love looking for patterns out in the world and applying math to situations.
Major geek here! In fact I realized earlier today that it is Math Storytelling Day

One of my favorite things to do on math holidays is to wear T-shirts that proclaim my geekiness to the world. I may have a minor ok fine, major obsession with geeky t-shirts. Just in case there is anyone out there who likes shirts that express your inner nerd, I thought I'd blog about some of my favorite places to purchase fun shirts. These shirts are fun to wear on T-shirt day (if your school has them) or special math days - like Pi Day/Albert Einstein's Birthday (3/14), eDay (2/7), World Math Days (next one is scheduled: 10/14/2015, Fibonacci Day (11/23) , or Powers of 10 day (10/10). 

Here are some of my favorite nerdy-math-teacher shirts (with links!)::

Under $15:


Pricier ($20-$30) But So Worth It: 
Perfect to wear while teaching introduction to real numbers:
Algebra II students would love knowing that they are some of the only people in the school who can understand the joke of this shirt:
I don't have this one YET but wouldn't is be perfect to wear on "solving multi-step inequality" day?!?! I have students solve this inequality every Valentine's day just for fun. They always think it is so neat! 

I totally own the majority of these and more...... Don't tell my husband! :) I also have one that I love that says "Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math."I wouldn't wear it at school, but it's fun to wear around town. We don't have the lottery here in Alabama so I don't think it offends too many people. 

Do you have any fun, nerdy math shirts? Know of any great places to shop for fun clothes? Think GeekLOLShirts (funny & cheap!!), and Spreadshirt (if you do a search for "math" lots of options pop up!)





Fabulous Fonts for this post are from: KG FontsBrittany Murphy Design
Backgrounds, frames & Clip Art are from: Glitter Meets Glue & Ashley Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment